Tomson is an extremely vigorous winter ryegrass with high levels of both summer and autumn activity.
Also being exceptionally adaptable to wide ranging environments with high dry matter yields year after year.
Tomson is a medium-tillered perennial ryegrass with rapid and vigorous establishment.
Tomson has excellent rust tolerance, low aftermath heading and withstands grazing pressure well, especially during dry periods.
Tomson responds well to autumn rains and summer irrigation.
Following grazing or hay /silage cut, its rapid regrowth and adaption to a wide range of soil types makes Tomson an ideal cultivar for a wide range of conditions and all classes of livestock.
MIN RAINFALL (mm)
10 - 15
HIGH RAINFALL / IRRIGATION
20 - 25
Heading date:- 0 days = Nui perrenial ryegrass
• New Zealand germplasm – Mengere parentage
• Strong winter growth – Early maturity
• Strong summer /autumn activity
• High level of rust resistance
• Aggressive seedling growth with consistently high yield year round
• Persistent in both intensive irrigation and dryland extensive grazing pastures