silver snail medic
caliph barrel medic
BINDAROO BUTTON MEDIC
cavalier spineless burr
Caliph is the result of cycles of crossing and selection for resistance
using the variety Cyprus and an aphid resistant parent.
Caliph is an early - mid maturing and generally begins flowering
80 days after germination, up to five days earlier than Parabinga.
Caliph is semi-prostrate in habit, has leaflets with a slight purple
fleck on the underside and produces clockwise coiling pods.
Caliph has a boron toxicity tolerance superior to that of all other
medic cultivars. Caliph is recommended for neutral to alkaline soil
types ranging from sandy loams to clays, in the medium to low
|MIN RAINFALL (mm)
||10 - 15
|HIGH RAINFALL / IRRIGATION
||15 - 20
• Earliest maturing aphid-resistant barrel medic
• Good seedling and early vigour
• Moderate tolerance of soil boron toxicity
• Resistant to spotted alfalfa aphid & blue green aphid
• High hard seed levels
• Suited to areas with as little as 250mm annual rainfall
Hardseedness Level - 1 = least hard, 10 = most hard