Turbo produces more feed during autumn and winter than
traditional Persian clovers, and will continue well into spring
under Australian conditions. Under favourable rainfall or irrigation
growth continues into summer providing extended production and
grazing. Turbo is a very palatable and nutritious plant making
excellent forage for grazing or conservation as hay or silage.
Turbo has more leaf and less stem making for better hay.
The development and selection program from which Turbo
originated concentrated on cold and frost tolerance.
MIN RAINFALL (mm)
6 - 10
HIGH RAINFALL / IRRIGATION
10 - 15
• Tall erect mature growth for easy manageability
• Rapid autumn and winter seedling vigour for better
• High growth rates and production in all seasons, particularly in
late autumn /winter
• Specifically developed for flexibility in grazing and multi-cut
• Suitable for silage, hay and grazing
• Balanced companion legume with annual and short term
• Good frost tolerance
• High tolerance to diseases, particularly rust
• Excellent quality forage of high nutritive value